Sorbet is big in my house. I don’t really eat it, mind you, but my husband and kid do. I prefer the good stuff (ice cream), but I can’t really have it in my house or bad things will happen. I saw this recipe and said “you know what Martha? I can make this!” And today I did. Mine turned out a little lumpier than the sorbet you buy, but it’s REALLY good! And did you know that you can whip heavy cream (with a little sugar) and presto! Whipped cream! I will keep this recipe and try it with different berries.
Raspberry Sorbet With Fresh Whipped Cream
(from Martha Stewart)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, frozen or 3 cups fresh raspberries, frozen
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Stir together water & 1/4 cup sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Pulse raspberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With machine running, pour in sugar-water; pulse until mixture is smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
3.Whisk cream & remaining tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form.
4. Scoop sorbet into 4 glasses, & top with whipped cream.