This recipe seems so simple, but boy, does it deliver on flavor. I sound like Guy Fieri. This is something you can throw together when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. I was worried that it was TOO simple, but we all just loved it. That pesto sauce is kind of like Nutella- you could spread it on a shoe and it would be good. I served this with a salad and some wheat rolls.
Cheese Tortellini with Asparagus and Olives
* 1 (20-oz.) package cheese tortellini
* 1 pound fresh asparagus
* 1/4 cup chopped chives
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 (10-oz.) jar pesto
* 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
* 2 to 3 Tbsp. sliced ripe black olives
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
3. Sauté chives in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high, add asparagus and bell pepper, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Stir in pesto. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and sliced black olives. Serve immediately.