We all have a little cold here, so I decided to make some “Chicken” noodle soup. I read some recipes online and decided to just wing it. Here’s the recipe I came up with, and I think it turned out pretty good! Even though Toby had a soccer game to play in, he still ate several bowls.This was good!
Chicken Noodle Soup
serves: about 6-8
time needed: about 30 min.
8 cups vegetarian chicken stock
1.5 bags MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips
2 carrots, sliced very thin
2 celery stalks, sliced very thin
1 yellow or white onion, chopped
1/2 bag of egg noodles
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
dried thyme (to taste)
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat Chik’n Strips in a frying pan with some cooking spray until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat olive oil in a Dutch Oven until warm, then add the carrots, celery, garlic and onion. Cook until soft (about 5-10 minutes). Add the thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes or so.
4. Tear the Chik’n Strips into smaller pieces and add to the Dutch oven.
5. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, then drain and add to the Dutch oven.
6. Taste, then season more if needed.